History of 2nd Battalion
2nd Battalion History
Indian Reserve Battalion has been established by the Government of India for the State of Haryana in year 2004 vide Government of India letter No. II-27011/102/2003-PF.II (i) dated 08.10.2003 duly conveyed by the Government of Haryana to this office vide his office letter No. 16/23/2003-04 HGI dated 29.10.2003. I.R.B. is governed by the provisions of Punjab Police Rules 1934 as adopted by the State of Haryana Police Act of year 2007(Haryana Act No. 25 of year 2008).
This force is helping the local Police in performing its law and order duties and other important and sensitive duties like election duties within or outside from the State of Haryana. India Reserve Battalion is bound to give its best in maintenance of law and order whenever and whenever required.
Functions of IRB
Functions of IRB 2nd Battalion
- To assist the district police in maintenance of law & order.
- To perform elections, law & order duties in the state as well as other states.
- Haryana Rapid Action Force- Crowed Control/Strike Duty.
- To provide force for duties such as celebrations of Trade Fairs i.e Surajkund Craft Mela & Religeous Fairs i.e. Solar/Lunar Eclipse and Kapalmochan Mela, Mata Mansa Devi Mela etc.
- To perform other duties assigned by the Government time to time.